Well, let's mark this day in history! My first attempt at posting a blog! Who would have thought! Unfortunately or fortunately, depending how you see things, this is a time in history where we are forced to step out of our comfort zone and seek new ways to socialize, do business, and maintain our sanity! So, how you doin'? (as Joey would say on "Friends")

I have been inspired by my fellow mediators, my "Sister-in-Love", Charlotte Watson's "Breaking Free" podcast, and by my favorite critic, my daughter, Shirley, who said, "You'll like blogging!" So, here I am. I am willing to share some of the knowledge, training and information that may be old news to some; make others say, hmmm; and hopefully give some a little nugget of wisdom, humor or encouragement to get through the day!

First of all, allow me to introduce myself: I am a loving wife and mother of two, a doting grandmother, a devoted Christian minister, one of six siblings and most of us have children. Therefore, we have a large extended family. I am a mediator by choice and vocation, an encourager and you will learn, your biggest cheerleader! I am a fun-filled people-person, very social, compassionate, a travel junkie and enjoy assisting those going through crisis, conflict or just dealing with life's challenges. Maybe it's the nurturer in me that just wants to help others be the best version of themselves or because I want to make a difference so badly in this world - who knows! I just want you to know that I live a purpose-driven life. I am committed to making it the best life for anyone and everyone I come in contact with, and now that includes you too!

I have been mediating for nearly 25 years, helping families, the Courts, companies, federal agencies, and the like deal with conflict. I have mediated everything from divorce, custody, child support, visitation, alimony or spousal support, partnership agreements, dissolution agreements, pre-marital and post-marital agreements, separation: marriage or work, sexual harassment, mental health issues, school IEP agreements, EEO, workplace, personal injury and so much more! I also help groups or individuals with managing conflict, understanding how trauma can cause conflict, how to deal with anger issues and how to better communicate to reduce conflict - you know, problem-solving. That's what we, as mediators, do best; help you manage the conflict and find resolution to the problems and issues that life brings your way.

I think that's enough for now. I will try to send you some tips and bits of encouragement each day, but if I miss one or two don't think I won't be back - I'm just helping someone else for a few. Until then-

Take care, be blessed and don't stress! You are just too blessed to be stressed! 😇 Happy Easter!

Comments

  1. Awesome thank you for all your input

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome! Please come back on a regular basis with more feedback. God bless!

      Delete
  2. Sometimes people just need a listening ear; sometimes they need a voice; sometimes they need a gentle push; sometime they just need the truth; and sometimes they need the Word. Your introduction sounds like you will be there for those times. God bless you on your new journey in these perilous times.

    Bill Palmer



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope to touch each area that you have mentioned, Rev. Palmer, with empathy, passion, enthusiasm, compassion and encouragement! Thank you for your kind words. God's continued blessings to you and your family as well!

      Delete
  3. Congratulations Danette. I know you will do good expanding knowledge to people.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your encouraging words! Be sure to check back tomorrow!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How Resilient Are You?